Whether you're in need of emergency shelter, transitional housing, access to a 24 hour hotline, counseling services, legal assistance or partner abuse classes, we can help.
South Suburban Family Shelter offers domestic violence training courses for those interested in working with domestic violence professionals or offenders. Our courses train individuals and organizations on how to use best practices in handling domestic violence issues.
We have opportunities for those who want to perform work that supports organization operations. With your help you can create a positive impact in the lives of victims of domestic crimes and abuse.
What's New? News, events and trainings.
- April 1, 2015
- Spring 2015 Newsletter
- South Suburban Family Shelter Spring 2015 Newsletter (PDF)
- September 30, 2014
- Fall 2014 Newsletter
- South Suburban Family Shelter Fall 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
- June 30, 2015
- Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training
Upon completion of the state approved Domestic Violence 40-hour Training participants will have a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence. Police departments, school districts, faith communities and other social service agencies are encouraged to attend. CEU's offered!
- October 11, 2015
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon- SSFS is 1 of 11 domestic violence programs in partnership for "Run Domestic Violence Out of Town" team. Sponsors ,supporters, volunteers welcome.
More information is at: email@example.com
- October 3, 2015
- 2nd Annual Purple Hose & Heels 5K
- The Ice Cream Lady Presents the 2nd Annual Purple Hose & Heels 5K in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Click here for more information.
The Impact July to December 2013
We provided services to 1,342 ADULT victims and 80 CHILDREN
Our 24-hour hotline answered 762 calls
Our Court Advocates at Markham Courthouse helped 271 victims obtain an Order of Protection