Whether you're in need of emergency shelter, transitional housing, access to a 24 hour hotline, counseling services, legal assistance or partner abuse classes, we can help.
South Suburban Family Shelter offers domestic violence training courses for those interested in working with domestic violence professionals or offenders. Our courses train individuals and organizations on how to use best practices in handling domestic violence issues.
We have opportunities for those who want to perform work that supports organization operations. With your help you can create a positive impact in the lives of victims of domestic crimes and abuse.
What's New? News, events and trainings.
- April 1, 2015
- Spring 2015 Newsletter
- South Suburban Family Shelter Spring 2015 Newsletter (PDF)
- September 30, 2014
- Fall 2014 Newsletter
- South Suburban Family Shelter Fall 2014 Newsletter (PDF)
- July 1, 2014
- Faith Outreach Suggestion
- SSFS wants to widen our outreach and we need your help. Do you know a member of a faith community who wants to be more involved by learning about domestic violence and SSFS’s services?
- May 4, 2015
- Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training
Upon completion of the state approved Domestic Violence 40-hour Training participants will have a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence. Police departments, school districts, faith communities and other social service agencies are encouraged to attend. CEU's offered!
- Abuser Intervention 20-hour Training
The Abuser Intervention 20-hour Training is designed for those interested in working with domestic violence offenders or professionals in the field.
- October 11, 2015
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Bank of America Chicago Marathon- SSFS is 1 of 11 domestic violence programs in partnership for "Run Domestic Violence Out of Town" team. Sponsors ,supporters, volunteers welcome.
More information is at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 27, 2015
- Women's Half Marathon
- Women’s Half Marathon, in Chicago. Part of the collaboration of 11 domestic violence programs for our team "Run Domestic Violence Out of Town".
- May 2, 2015
- Emerald Ball 2015
- 35th emerald anniversary of South Suburban Family Shelter. This special celebration includes dinner, a silent auction, and live music.
The Impact July to December 2013
We provided services to 1,342 ADULT victims and 80 CHILDREN
Our 24-hour hotline answered 762 calls
Our Court Advocates at Markham Courthouse helped 271 victims obtain an Order of Protection