Whether you're in need of emergency shelter, transitional housing, access to a 24 hour hotline, counseling services, legal assistance or partner abuse classes, we can help.
South Suburban Family Shelter offers domestic violence training courses for those interested in working with domestic violence professionals or offenders. Our courses train individuals and organizations on how to use best practices in handling domestic violence issues.
We have opportunities for those who want to perform work that supports organization operations. With your help you can create a positive impact in the lives of victims of domestic crimes and abuse.
What's New? News, events and trainings.
- October 1, 2015
- Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training
Upon completion of the state approved Domestic Violence 40-hour Training participants will have a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence. Police departments, school districts, faith communities and other social service agencies are encouraged to attend. CEU's offered!
- October 21, 2015
- 2nd Annual Faith Community Breakfast / DV Presentation
- Faith Community Breakfast/ DV Presentation in Homewood. Faith leaders/ lay leadership invited to attend.
- October 5, 2015
- Candlelight Vigil
- Candlelight Vigil, Irwin Park Band Shell in Homewood. Silent Witness exhibit, victim testimonies.
- October 3, 2015
- 2nd Annual 5K Walk/Run/Bike
- 5K Walk/Run/Bike for “Three Causes, One Walk”
9:00AM, Salem Baptist Church, 10900 S Cottage Grove, Chicago, IL
The Impact July to December 2013
We provided services to 1,342 ADULT victims and 80 CHILDREN
Our 24-hour hotline answered 762 calls
Our Court Advocates at Markham Courthouse helped 271 victims obtain an Order of Protection