Whether you're in need of emergency shelter, transitional housing, access to a 24 hour hotline, counseling services, legal assistance or partner abuse classes, we can help.
South Suburban Family Shelter offers domestic violence training courses for those interested in working with domestic violence professionals or offenders. Our courses train individuals and organizations on how to use best practices in handling domestic violence issues.
We have opportunities for those who want to perform work that supports organization operations. With your help you can create a positive impact in the lives of victims of domestic crimes and abuse.
What's New? News, events and trainings.
- June 30, 2014
- Run Domestic Violence Out of Town
- SSFS partners for the second year in a row with Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network for the Run Domestic Violence Out of Town team participating in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon. Visit www.rundvoutoftown.org for more information.
- July 1, 2014
- Faith Outreach Suggestion
- SSFS wants to widen our outreach and we need your help. Do you know a member of a faith community who wants to be more involved by learning about domestic violence and SSFS’s services?
- August 4, 2014
- Domestic Violence 40-Hour Training
Upon completion of the state approved Domestic Violence 40-hour Training participants will have a comprehensive understanding of domestic violence. Police departments, school districts, faith communities and other social service agencies are encouraged to attend. CEU's offered!
- August 7, 2014
- Karaoke Night
2nd Annual Karaoke Night fundraiser from 6pm to 1am at Lassen's Tap in Homewood.
- August 31, 2014
- Women's Half Marathon
- Women’s Half Marathon, in Chicago. Part of the collaboration of 11 domestic violence programs for our team "Run Domestic Violence Out of Town".
- September 5, 2014
- Faith Community Breakfast / DV Presentation
- Faith Community Breakfast/ DV Presentation in Homewood. Faith leaders/ lay leadership invited to attend.
The Impact July to December 2013
We provided services to 1,342 ADULT victims and 80 CHILDREN
Our 24-hour hotline answered 762 calls
Our Court Advocates at Markham Courthouse helped 271 victims obtain an Order of Protection